If you are working on Outlook version 2013, you don’t need to log in to a Web browser every time you want to check or work on your Yahoo email account. You just need to add a Yahoo Mail account which includes RocketMail and YMail email addresses and for that, you need to go through the configuration process.
There are commonly 2 ways by which you can set up the Outlook 2013 to access your Yahoo mail account:
- You can set up a POP account, in the case; you want to have copies of messages appearing individually in Outlook and Web browser.
- By setting up an IMAP account in Outlook, you can preview the changes if you want them to be reflected on the server.
Here, in this article, you will get to know how you can set up the Yahoo mail in MS Outlook application. In case, you have any other query to ask then you can visit the official website of Office via office.com/setup.
What are the steps to set up Yahoo mail in MS Outlook application?
In this section, you will find the sequential steps to set up the Yahoo mail in your MS Outlook app:-
- Click on the Outlook 2013 from your desktop.
- Now, click on the “File” menu followed by the “Add Account” option which is appearing on the “Account Information” window.
- You just have to click on the option that is labeled as “Manual Setup or Additional Server Types”.
- Doing this will show you the advanced settings that you need to specify in the “Yahoo’s email servers and Port” settings.
- Now, select the “POP or IMAP” option.
- After this, you need to enter your credentials in the “User Information” section.
- Followed by this, you need to enter full details in the “Log in Information” section.
- For setting up a POP account, you need to select “POP3” and then type “pop.mail.yahoo.com” in the “Incoming Mail Server” space.
- If you wish to set up an IMAP account, you need to select “IMAP” and then type the “imap.mail.yahoo.com” in the field for “Incoming Mail Server”.
- Now, click on the “Outgoing server” tab from the Internet Email Settings pane and then click on the checkbox to confirm that the Outgoing mail server needs authentication.
- Remember, the yahoo mail’s outgoing server uses the same setting configurations as an incoming mail server, so you don’t make changes to the default settings.
- Followed by this, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab. For POP, you need to use “995” for IMAP, use “993” as the Incoming Server Port Number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Wait for the process to get complete and once it gets completed you can avail of its services.
Point to remember: Apart from the Incoming server and Port numbers the process to set up from both POP and IMAP is the same.
Hopefully, the steps discussed in the article have helped to access the Yahoo mail in MS Outlook application. If any problem or issue arises in between the process then it is recommended to visit the official website. The team of technicians will assist you to resolve your queries with best possible solutions.